PDO Thread for Non-Surgical Facelift and Skin Tightening
The thread lift procedure has radically changed the aesthetic world. PDO thread lift San Diego, is now amongst the most popular non-invasive lifts available. VIP MedSpa Clinic uses a variety of PDO Threads like, MEDiTHREAD and MINT, to achieve the desired results.
SAFE SOLUTION TO SAGGING SKIN
There are tiny barbs strategically placed and molded all around the thread. Once the threads are placed into the skin, the barbs anchor onto sagging tissue and the thread can be maneuvered, which may help firm and tighten the skin to achieve the desired results.
WHAT IS PDO THREAD LIFT?
The PDO (Polydioxanone) thread lift is a non-invasive treatment which lifts and tightens sagging skin tissue, using threads made of PDO. It is a unique absorbable thread designed to approximate and fixate sagging tissues. A safe suture material that has been used in orthopedic and cardiovascular surgeries for over 30 years. The threads are introduced into the deeper layers of the skin. Once introduced, the threads have 3 amazing effects on the skin:
- Skin tightening. By contracting fat tissue.
- Collagen stimulation. Which promotes cellular renewal and improves skin texture, fine lines and elasticity.
- Instant skin lifting. PDO Thread lift instant result.
The lifted facial contour will remain for about 12-15 months after procedure, due to the collagen stimulation effects. Six months after the procedure PDO threads will disappear because they are absorbable. Your skin cells are stimulated to produce new collagen, and new blood vessels to improve skin microcirculation. At the same time, the PDO threads cause the fat tissue to contract and produce the skin tightening effect.
WHAT AREAS CAN BE TREATED WITH PDO THREAD LIFT?
The PDO thread lift is very versatile, allowing practically all areas of the body to be treated, including the:
- Nasolabial folds
- Crow’s feet
- Smokers line
- Arch of the eyebrows
- Facial profile
- Periocular area
- Neck and Chest
- Inner thighs
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
IS THIS RIGHT FOR ME?
The PDO thread lift procedure is designed according to what you want to treat, and which areas you want to concentrate on. PDO threads can be used for lifting, rejuvenation (improving skin texture and wrinkles), volumizing, and even reducing fat. Different threads are used for different purposes, so the possibilities are endless.
HOW IS THE PROCEDURE?
PDO threads are inserted into the skin with sterile needles or cannulas.
Once inserted, the barbed threads anchor to the skin and the practitioner contours the face. The excess threads are then cut off.
Depending on the areas treated, the procedure may take 15-30 minutes to contour.
There is a slight discomfort during the procedure, but because of the improved techniques and numbing medication, patients are experiencing less pain.
IS PDO THREAD LIFT SAFE?
This treatment is safe, and the side effects are, in fact rare which is what makes PDO threads so innovative. PDO threads are inserted with needles and are absorbed in 4-6 months.
Expect some mild bruising, swelling, and soreness for 2 to 6 days after the procedure, and a mild sensation of tightness of up to 2 weeks. Temporary mild dimpling of the skin can also occur and resolves in a few days. Although side effects are extremely rare and in more serious cases removal of threads may be required in cases such as migration and extrusion. The face has a very complex anatomical structure intimate anatomical knowledge is required to perform a PDO thread lift well to avoid serious side effects such as infection.
POST CARE AFTER YOUR PDO THREAD PLACEMENT:
To achieve the best possible result from your treatment, follow these instructions carefully. If you have any questions or problems that are not addressed here, call our office, and we’ll be happy to help.
- Bruising, and swelling normal can use over counter arnica topical
- Post procedure discomfort medication to use: Tylenol – helpful for post procedure for 7 to 10 days
- Most discomfort occurs in the first 24 to 48 hours. Place ice on very gently just in case of bruising.
- Stinging, “pulling”, itchy sensation will decrease at about 3 to 5 weeks
What you need to AVOID:
- Avoid heavy exercises for 1 week, this causes extreme facial movements
- Do not touch or wash your face for 30 minutes
- Do not pull down on face for 4 weeks
- Eat soft foods, no large bites for 7 days
- Sleep on back for 3-4 days
- Do not chew gum for 2 weeks
- No facial massages for 4 weeks
- Limiting facial movements will help lifting threads to stay in place, so no dental work unless strictly necessary
- Avoid heat in treatment area like saunas, IPL lasers or radio frequency treatment for 30 days
- Avoid medication that affect the blood clotting effects like fish oils, vitamins C, A, and E for 7 days
If you experience increased redness, swelling, pain at injection or thread coming out in area, please notify the office.
Lifting threads do require more things to avoid than just smooth and twisted.