PRP Microneedling Rancho Bernardo, San Diego
Microneedling is a cosmetic procedure involving super-fine needles to create hundreds of tiny, invisible puncture wounds in the top layer of the skin to minimize the signs of aging. Microneedling is also known as Collagen Induction Therapy.
Microneedling with PRP has been shown to stimulate the production of the collagen and elastin for healthier and younger-looking skin. It can help improve sagging or loose skin, the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, acne scarring, hyperpigmentation, and large pores. This treatment is safe for all skin types and tones, all scars, and also can treat other areas of the body like the abdomen, legs, arms, and hands.
How is PRP Microneedling treatment performed?
PRP Microneedling is a simple procedure involving the following steps:
- Numbing cream is generally applied to the treatment area for 25-30 minutes before the procedure, making the treatment more comfortable. Most patients report minimal discomfort.
- Here at VIP MedSpa Clinic, your blood will be drawn by Dr. Maryam Hekmat and placed in the centrifuge where it will be spun until the plasma is separated from it.
- The PRP serum (Liquid Gold) is then messaged in the treatment area with microneedling. The microneedling creates small controlled micropunctures in the skin, allowing for penetration of the PRP.
What can I expect?
If you receive PRP Microneedling, you can drive home yourself because we do not administer any sedatives or other medications before, during, or after the treatment. The procedure lasts about one hour.
How should I prepare before PRP Microneedling?
- For 24-48 hours prior to the procedure, avoid alcohol.
- Eat a healthy snack to lessen the chance of lightheadedness during the procedure, and avoid caffeine.
- Avoid unprotected and excessive sun exposure or tanning several weeks before your appointment.
- Drink lots of water in the days before your appointment.
- Arriving with a bare face (you may cleanse that morning, but you should avoid wearing makeup or moisturizer).
What to expect after PRP Microneedling?
Once the procedure has finished, Dr. Maryam Hekmat will apply post procedure skin care to help soothe any redness and irritation. Dr. Hekmat will also provide you with post-procedure instructions and aftercare tips. Bruises and inflammation, including swelling and redness, can be expected.
- Please avoid sun exposure
- Please avoid using harmful products that may irritate your skin
- Please do not rub or pick at the treated area
How long will recovery take after PRP Microneedling?
Recovery for this procedure is relatively minimal. It is normal for the skin to peel after microneedling treatments within a few days. A new layer of skin is produced, and the old skin begins peeling off.
There may still be some other signs of minor irritation, but you’ll want to avoid applying too many products to your skin.
Until your skin has completely healed, avoid rigorous activities that might cause excessive sweating and heat production. Sweating may cause additional irritation, and rigorous activities may increase the risk of swelling or bruising. This usually should be avoided for at least 72 hours after your treatment.
Who is not a candidate for PRP Microneedling?
- You have a chronic medical condition that is not under control.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You are taking a blood thinner.
- You are currently receiving Chemotherapy.
- You have undergone skin radiation in the last 12 months.
- You have a blood disorder or blood infection.
- You have a condition that is adversely affecting your immune system.
- You use or recently used Retinol or Accutane.
- You still have active acne.
- You have certain skin conditions, such as eczema or rosacea.
- You have a history of poor wound healing.